September 29, 2016
BAU forums: Solutions for the future of building
Planning and building is becoming increasingly complex and more demanding. Globalization, digitalization, demographic change, urbanization, a lack of resources, the energy transition, energy and resource efficiency, recycling: The challenges facing the construction industry are so diverse that they can only be solved if everyone involved works together and by using new materials and technologies. Solutions for the future of building will be presented by experts from around the world in the BAU forums A4, C2 und B0.
Forum A4: Architect and Industry in Dialog
The forum in Hall A4 examines the role of the architect now and in the future. The forum has two parts. BAU is organizing the morning and afternoon sessions in cooperation with the architecture trade journals “XIA” and “AIT” as well as the Association of German Interior Designers (BDIA). Every day between 11:00 and 14:00 there will be an exciting exchange on the latest hot topics between architects and manufacturers in the construction industry. Three speakers from internationally renowned architecture offices and three industry representatives will report on and discuss the latest developments and trends. The topics are diverse. They range from housing for refugees and immigrants and modular building systems and BIM to the construction capabilities of wood as a building material, utilization concepts for public buildings and efficient “easy, low-cost buildings.”
Forum A4: DETAIL research: Building the future
On six afternoons, the “Building the Future” Forum organized by DETAIL research will present practical international and interdisciplinary research projects for building the future. Prominent speakers will give insights into their research activities: What will the smart building of the future look like? What factors is the industry focusing on? What opportunities are there in existing structures? What future-oriented utilization concepts are there—for individual buildings as well as for the district, the city and the region? The facade is increasingly developing into a multifunctional building envelope. What opportunities are associated with the “thinking” facade system? Thanks to modern planning methods and innovative manufacturing techniques, system construction, which was barely acknowledged in the past, is experiencing a renaissance. What does “building for all” mean in a globalized world? And what prospects are digital planning opening up to the construction industry?
Forum C2: The future of building
The forum “The Future of Building”, presented by BAU together with “Bauwelt” and “DBZ”, will once again host renowned planners, architects and structural engineers, who will present project examples to explain how design and construction is going to work in the future. Daily changing current topics will be presented.
- smart building materials: This is about the integration of different materials e.g. in façades, which can adapt and respond to various external impacts.
- BIM: What are we already realising with the planning tool BIM in Germany, and what are the constraints and difficulties? These are the questions we are dealing with.
- Major projects: Based on spectacular examples, the mechanisms and strategies that are necessary for successful implementation, will be presented.
- Residential building: The need for affordable living space is on the rise. Therefore, ideas for a serial and modular construction, as well as innovative residential construction concepts are in demand. These should allow for flexible floor plans, and meet energetic requirements.
- The next big thing: What will be the “the next big thing” in architecture, behind the “one more thing” in the years to come.
- Emerging stars, emerging markets: Where will the markets of the future be for new architecture offices? How do you recognize them and how can you tap them with success? We will demonstrate and explain what counts.
Forum B0: From vision to reality
Three institutions are collaborating with one another in Forum B0: The Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety, Fraunhofer Allianz Bau and the Federal Working Group for Rehabilitation (BAKA).
The Federal Ministry will hold a series of lectures in which it will report on research and funding initiatives as well as political objectives and legal foundations. Fraunhofer Allianz Bau, which consists of 14 institutes, will present some of its research work based on concrete projects.
Another focal point in this forum is the modernization and maintenance of buildings. The presentations by the Federal Working Group for Rehabilitation (BAKA) will focus on how to solve the major challenges of the future when it comes to working in existing structures. Also in Forum B0 topics are daily changing. They are about digital planning and construction, improving resource efficiency as well as networking building and neighborhoods. Wednesday is addressing to the real estate Industry, Friday to Students.
More Information about themes and speakers: www.bau-muenchen.com/forums